Mother scoops woman of the year title
A MOTHER-of-four from Dunmow has scooped Slimming World s Woman of the Year title after dropping eight dress sizes in a year. Twelve months ago, Kathy Cohen, 44, from Jubilee Court, was a size 20. She had no self confidence and suffered from severe back p
A MOTHER-of-four from Dunmow has scooped Slimming World's Woman of the Year title after dropping eight dress sizes in a year.
Twelve months ago, Kathy Cohen, 44, from Jubilee Court, was a size 20. She had no self confidence and suffered from severe back problems and now says her life has turned around.
She won the award after being voted for by other members of her Slimming World group in a secret ballot last week.
"I've lost four stone, five pounds over a year. It's all about learning to eat more healthily. I feel much healthier, I don't suffer with a bad back any more, and my skin's got much better," she said. "I walk into the town, and my self confidence is so much better."
You may also want to watch:
Kathy's first step came when she was taken to Slimming World in Takeley by her daughter Lisa who was already attending classes there.
She says she wouldn't have been able to achieve her new slim figure without the help and support that came from other members.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 6 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 7 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 8 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 10 High Roding at the double and Dunmow go three-up as Aythorpe Roding lose ground in title race
Carol Humphrey, Slimming World consultant, said: "We are all immensely proud of Kathy and what she has achieved. She is a credit to the class."
Her prize for scooping the award was a makeover by Pure Health and Beauty on Ongar Road, Dunmow, a new hairstyle by hair salon '64' and two outfits from clothes boutique Cloud IX followed by lunch at Italian restaurant Iluma, all on Dunmow High Street.