Mother scoops woman of the year title
A MOTHER-of-four from Dunmow has scooped Slimming World s Woman of the Year title after dropping eight dress sizes in a year. Twelve months ago, Kathy Cohen, 44, from Jubilee Court, was a size 20. She had no self confidence and suffered from severe back p
A MOTHER-of-four from Dunmow has scooped Slimming World's Woman of the Year title after dropping eight dress sizes in a year.
Twelve months ago, Kathy Cohen, 44, from Jubilee Court, was a size 20. She had no self confidence and suffered from severe back problems and now says her life has turned around.
She won the award after being voted for by other members of her Slimming World group in a secret ballot last week.
"I've lost four stone, five pounds over a year. It's all about learning to eat more healthily. I feel much healthier, I don't suffer with a bad back any more, and my skin's got much better," she said. "I walk into the town, and my self confidence is so much better."
You may also want to watch:
Kathy's first step came when she was taken to Slimming World in Takeley by her daughter Lisa who was already attending classes there.
She says she wouldn't have been able to achieve her new slim figure without the help and support that came from other members.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
Carol Humphrey, Slimming World consultant, said: "We are all immensely proud of Kathy and what she has achieved. She is a credit to the class."
Her prize for scooping the award was a makeover by Pure Health and Beauty on Ongar Road, Dunmow, a new hairstyle by hair salon '64' and two outfits from clothes boutique Cloud IX followed by lunch at Italian restaurant Iluma, all on Dunmow High Street.