More strike action for National Express' Stansted Airport service
TRADE union ASLEF will shut its head office tomorrow (Thursday) while its members take part in the National Express East Anglia train strike.The union has told members that they can seek advice or assistance concerning the National Express East Anglia di
TRADE union ASLEF will shut its head office tomorrow (Thursday) while its members take part in the National Express East Anglia train strike.
The union has told members that they can seek advice or assistance concerning the National Express East Anglia dispute from their local or branch representatives, executive committee member Nigel Gibson or district organiser Andy Morrison.
ASLEF has asked members to be patient with other enquiries if there is a slight delay in their response.
Work is being carried out on water mains outside the union's headquarters in Arkwright Road, Hampstead, London. There will be no water supply, making the closure of the office necessary.
You may also want to watch:
The ASLEF and RMT trades unions have called four 48-hour rail strikes - which started on July 30 - running on August 6, 13 and 20. The actions on the National Express East Anglia network are in response to this year's pay award. This week the managers' union TSSA also voted in favour of joining the industrial action next week (August 13).
* SEND us your comments about the strike itself, how it has affected your workplace and stories about alternative routes to work. Have you or your colleagues used an unusual way of making it to the office?
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
You can e-mail us email@example.com or you can text us on the move via your mobile phone. You can send us video, audio, pictures and text up to 1MB in size via your mobile. Simply send your text message to 078 4350 0911.
Your message needs to begin with the words MEDIA DUNMOW. Please submit your details as well as what the message is about. Remember that network MMS/SMS charges will apply.