Monkey business for NCT Dunmow and Braintree branch
MUMS, dads, toddlers and babies turned out in force to support the charity that has done so much to help them.
The Dunmow and Braintree branch of the National Childbirth Trust (NCT) invited families to their Cheeky Monkey Tea Party – the biggest event on the NCT calendar where branches across the UK aim to raise �50,000 to support mums and dads.
Branch chairman Mel Sims told the Broadcast she was proud to see 200 parents and 120 babies and toddlers show their support.
“It was great to see all the parents, babies and toddlers there and we were really proud to have raised as much as we did. And thank goodness it didn’t rain,” she said.
The tea party gave parents the chance to engage with their children in activities such as baby signing, face painting and cake decorating as well as a host of other games and crafts. The Little Goslings Centre supplied all the toys for the day.
You may also want to watch:
The branch raised around �1,000 and Ms Sims is now looking ahead to next year’s event.
“Everyone said how well organised it was and wanted it to be an annual event so we’re going to do it next year as well because it was so successful,” she said.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
The Dunmow and Braintree NCT branch meets every Monday from 10am-noon at Stebbing Village Hall at a cost of �2 per family. For more information visit nct.org.uk/dunmow and join the Facebook group.