Money-raising adventures for South American trip
A JAMES Bond-themed casino night helped intrepid students raise money for a life-changing trip. Thirteen students and two teachers from Helena Romanes School depart for Ecuador in three weeks time to help indigenous communities conserve the environment. T
A JAMES Bond-themed casino night helped intrepid students raise money for a life-changing trip.
Thirteen students and two teachers from Helena Romanes School depart for Ecuador in three weeks time to help indigenous communities conserve the environment.
They each need �4000 for the month-long excursion - which includes a stint on the Galapagos Islands - and fundraising has been ongoing for months.
The latest event, held at the school on Friday, proved a real success raising �1800.
You may also want to watch:
Trip leader Kimberley Cross, one of the teachers accompanying the students, said: "We are extremely pleased with what has been achieved and thank everyone for supporting the event.
"Everyone looked amazing in dinner dress and was a thoroughly enjoyable evening had by all."
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
First price for the winner of the roulette table was a meal for two at the Starr restaurant.
Other prizes that were auctioned to the highest bidder included a ride in an Aston Martin DB9, a holiday home for a week in Portugal, a meal for two in Square 1, holistic massage, Bowens therapy treatment and a top London chef cooking at home.
There were raffle prizes, canap�s and a bar with James Bond-themed cocktails.