Money raised for Ukraine in Felsted concert
- Credit: Archant
A concert in Dunmow by two Ukranian accordion players, the Kyiv Duo who played at St Mary’s Church, raised money for Felsted Aid for Deprived Children (UK AID).
The charity takes convoys of clothes, food and medical equipment to the Ukraine to help people still suffering the effects of the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power station in April 1986.
The money will go to the Revival Centre at Chernihiv, Ukraine, which helps victims, including young children still being born affected by the disaster with conditions including cancers, tumours, leukaemia, cerebral palsy, neurological problems and hereditary diseases.
The duo, Igor Sayenko and Oleksiy Kolomoiets, from Kiev in the Ukraine, are on their third annual tour in England and Scotland in July and August, raising money for this cause. The concert at St Mary’s raised over £800.
The pair are graduates from the Kiev Conservatory and are among the world’s finest accordion duos. They specialize in interpreting the works of Vivaldi, Bizet, Rachmaninov, Khachaturian, JS Bach, Johann Strauss and Astor Piazzolla.
You may also want to watch:
At St Mary’s the audience of nearly 100 people sang to Dunmow resident Brenda Squires who was celebrating her 90th birthday the following day. The concert was organised by June Milne from Dunmow who said: “It was another excellent concert. The two musicians entertained us royally with a range of music and styles.”
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 10 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow