MOD engineer from Dunmow receives MBE
- Credit: Archant
A Ministry of Defence (MOD) engineer from Great Dunmow has been recognised in the Queen’s New Year Honours list 2015.
Richard Burlend, based at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), receives an MBE for his engineering and scientific expertise.
Richard said: “I am both delighted and honoured to have my contribution recognised in this way but any success has been achieved by working with some excellent colleagues.
“The work has been varied and diverse in nature, always a challenge but at the same time interesting and rewarding.”
Dstl Group Leader David Southgate said Richard was a worthy recipient.
You may also want to watch:
“Richard, who has worked for the Ministry of Defence for more than 40 years, has been recognised for creating many bespoke engineering solutions using his practical mechanical and electrical engineering skills and knowledge of materials and explosives to support operational tasks,” he said.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge