MOD engineer from Dunmow receives MBE
- Credit: Archant
A Ministry of Defence (MOD) engineer from Great Dunmow has been recognised in the Queen’s New Year Honours list 2015.
Richard Burlend, based at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), receives an MBE for his engineering and scientific expertise.
Richard said: “I am both delighted and honoured to have my contribution recognised in this way but any success has been achieved by working with some excellent colleagues.
“The work has been varied and diverse in nature, always a challenge but at the same time interesting and rewarding.”
Dstl Group Leader David Southgate said Richard was a worthy recipient.
You may also want to watch:
“Richard, who has worked for the Ministry of Defence for more than 40 years, has been recognised for creating many bespoke engineering solutions using his practical mechanical and electrical engineering skills and knowledge of materials and explosives to support operational tasks,” he said.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed