Hospital staff at Mid Essex will be among those benefitting from donation to support mental health and wellbeing
- Credit: Dean Newman
Staff and volunteers at Basildon, Southend and Mid Essex hospitals will be provided with mental health and wellbeing support thanks to the fund
A £50,000 donation has been given to the Mid and South Essex Hospital Charity Covid-19 Appeal.
Staff and volunteers at Mid Essex, Basildon and Southend hospitals will be provided with mental health and wellbeing support thanks to the fund.
The money will also be used to support Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff who have been heavily affected during the pandemic.This £50,000 takes the total donated through NHS Charities Together to £228,000.
Lucy Thomas-Clayton, Director of Charities and Voluntary Services, said: “The charity is grateful to every supporter of the NHS whether you’ve supported our local appeal, or got behind NHS Charities Together’s national fundraising, we really appreciate your support.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a huge boost to our NHS staff and the way the community has responded with such generosity during the Covid-19 pandemic has been incredible.”
In total, the Covid-19 Appeal at the Trust has raised over £565,000, and has been making a real impact for NHS staff in Mid and South Essex.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary