Men steal 12-year-old’s clothes as he returns from Dunmow Carnival
DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a 12-year-old boy was robbed of his clothes as he returned from Dunmow Carnival yesterday (Saturday, September 21).
The youngster was carrying home a goldfish he had won when he was approached by two men on a footpath by Ash Grove at around 6pm last night.
They asked for his phone, but he said he didn’t have one. The men held his shoulders whilst they removed his jumper, shirt and shoes. They also took £15 from him.
The boy was left with just his trousers, socks and goldfish. He was very shaken up by the incident and returned home.
The first suspect is described as black, around 5ft 5ins tall, of skinny build, aged between 20 and 30 and was wearing a beige woolly hat, black jumper, black tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The second suspect was white, around 5ft 5ins tall, aged between 20 and 30, had ginger hair, spoke with an Irish accent and was wearing a dark baseball cap, a white t-shirt with a picture of a beach on it, dark blue jeans and was carrying a black jumper over his shoulder.
They took the boy’s black and white Converse trainer boots, his dark blue Ralph Lauren tank top style jumper and blue and beige checked shirt.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
If anybody saw the incident or noticed two men walking around with extra clothes please call Braintree CID on Essex Police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.