Mediterranean themed evening raises funds for day centre
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal. Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal.
Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the New Street clinic.
Group member, Wendy Barron, said: "It was a fantastic evening and everyone enjoyed it. We had some wonderful Parma ham for starters followed by lasagne and finished off with Cornetto ice cream. Afterwards everyone took part in a quiz with questions based on Italy."
Cash raised will be put into a fund to be used at the request of doctors and nurses.
You may also want to watch:
In the past the fund - which was set up five years ago - has been vital for purchasing new equipment, such as blood pressure gauges and satellite navigation for mobile nurses.
"We have had a lot of success in providing a helping hand in getting more equipment," added Mrs Barron.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
"We are currently trying to raise money for a number of projects such as getting a handrail installed at the entrance."
Mrs Barron expressed her thanks to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle, and gave a special mention to the Foresters family for providing a hamper and to Iluma restaurant for providing a meal voucher.