Mediterranean themed evening raises funds for day centre
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal. Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal.
Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the New Street clinic.
Group member, Wendy Barron, said: "It was a fantastic evening and everyone enjoyed it. We had some wonderful Parma ham for starters followed by lasagne and finished off with Cornetto ice cream. Afterwards everyone took part in a quiz with questions based on Italy."
Cash raised will be put into a fund to be used at the request of doctors and nurses.
You may also want to watch:
In the past the fund - which was set up five years ago - has been vital for purchasing new equipment, such as blood pressure gauges and satellite navigation for mobile nurses.
"We have had a lot of success in providing a helping hand in getting more equipment," added Mrs Barron.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
"We are currently trying to raise money for a number of projects such as getting a handrail installed at the entrance."
Mrs Barron expressed her thanks to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle, and gave a special mention to the Foresters family for providing a hamper and to Iluma restaurant for providing a meal voucher.