Mediterranean themed evening raises funds for day centre
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal. Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal.
Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the New Street clinic.
Group member, Wendy Barron, said: "It was a fantastic evening and everyone enjoyed it. We had some wonderful Parma ham for starters followed by lasagne and finished off with Cornetto ice cream. Afterwards everyone took part in a quiz with questions based on Italy."
Cash raised will be put into a fund to be used at the request of doctors and nurses.
You may also want to watch:
In the past the fund - which was set up five years ago - has been vital for purchasing new equipment, such as blood pressure gauges and satellite navigation for mobile nurses.
"We have had a lot of success in providing a helping hand in getting more equipment," added Mrs Barron.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 3 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 4 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 7 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 8 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 9 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
"We are currently trying to raise money for a number of projects such as getting a handrail installed at the entrance."
Mrs Barron expressed her thanks to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle, and gave a special mention to the Foresters family for providing a hamper and to Iluma restaurant for providing a meal voucher.