Mediterranean themed evening raises funds for day centre
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal. Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal.
Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the New Street clinic.
Group member, Wendy Barron, said: "It was a fantastic evening and everyone enjoyed it. We had some wonderful Parma ham for starters followed by lasagne and finished off with Cornetto ice cream. Afterwards everyone took part in a quiz with questions based on Italy."
Cash raised will be put into a fund to be used at the request of doctors and nurses.
You may also want to watch:
In the past the fund - which was set up five years ago - has been vital for purchasing new equipment, such as blood pressure gauges and satellite navigation for mobile nurses.
"We have had a lot of success in providing a helping hand in getting more equipment," added Mrs Barron.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 9 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 10 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
"We are currently trying to raise money for a number of projects such as getting a handrail installed at the entrance."
Mrs Barron expressed her thanks to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle, and gave a special mention to the Foresters family for providing a hamper and to Iluma restaurant for providing a meal voucher.