Mediterranean themed evening raises funds for day centre
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal. Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the
THE flavours of Italy were on the menu for fundraisers as the Friends of Dunmow Clinic group hosted a Mediterranean themed quiz and meal.
Around 70 people gathered at the Dunmow Day Centre on Chequers Lane and raised over �700 for vital equipment for the New Street clinic.
Group member, Wendy Barron, said: "It was a fantastic evening and everyone enjoyed it. We had some wonderful Parma ham for starters followed by lasagne and finished off with Cornetto ice cream. Afterwards everyone took part in a quiz with questions based on Italy."
Cash raised will be put into a fund to be used at the request of doctors and nurses.
In the past the fund - which was set up five years ago - has been vital for purchasing new equipment, such as blood pressure gauges and satellite navigation for mobile nurses.
"We have had a lot of success in providing a helping hand in getting more equipment," added Mrs Barron.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 4 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 5 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
"We are currently trying to raise money for a number of projects such as getting a handrail installed at the entrance."
Mrs Barron expressed her thanks to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle, and gave a special mention to the Foresters family for providing a hamper and to Iluma restaurant for providing a meal voucher.