Mechanic awarded trip of a lifetime for 25 years of graft
A BUSINESS owner has thrust one of his most trusted employees onto the back of a Harley Davidson to say thank you for 25 years of outstanding service.
Jeremy Taylor, proprietor of Taylor’s Service Centre in Great Dunmow, treated his longest serving employee Paul Dawson to a special trip of a lifetime at the end of June, as a reward for his loyalty and dedication.
Mr Taylor organised a ten day trip to ride Harley Davidson Motor Bikes on a designated route in California.
Starting from Ridgecrest, Los Angeles, where they collected their Road King Harley’s for the trip, they took in Hollywood, San Francisco and Santa Monica before heading back.
Mr Taylor said: “We would not be where we are today if it had not been for Paul’s hard work and dedication working with me right from those early days, and both my wife Jayne and I are very grateful.
“We have always been able to trust him and rely on his loyalty, and as a Harley lover this was a perfect way to say thank you”.
Mr Dawson started working alongside Mr Taylor at the age of 14. He was on a work placement at the Gables Service Station which once stood where Head Kandi and the newly opened Rock fashions are now. That was 27 years ago.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
When the Gables closed down and Mr Dawson had left school, he came back to work in the very early days on a full time basis to earn his apprenticeship.
In the last 25 years he has risen to be Service Manager and a Renault Master Technician at the centre now based at the Chelmsford Road industrial estate.
WHAT is the best gift you have had from your boss? E-mail us at email@example.com.