Mechanic awarded trip of a lifetime for 25 years of graft
A BUSINESS owner has thrust one of his most trusted employees onto the back of a Harley Davidson to say thank you for 25 years of outstanding service.
Jeremy Taylor, proprietor of Taylor’s Service Centre in Great Dunmow, treated his longest serving employee Paul Dawson to a special trip of a lifetime at the end of June, as a reward for his loyalty and dedication.
Mr Taylor organised a ten day trip to ride Harley Davidson Motor Bikes on a designated route in California.
Starting from Ridgecrest, Los Angeles, where they collected their Road King Harley’s for the trip, they took in Hollywood, San Francisco and Santa Monica before heading back.
Mr Taylor said: “We would not be where we are today if it had not been for Paul’s hard work and dedication working with me right from those early days, and both my wife Jayne and I are very grateful.
You may also want to watch:
“We have always been able to trust him and rely on his loyalty, and as a Harley lover this was a perfect way to say thank you”.
Mr Dawson started working alongside Mr Taylor at the age of 14. He was on a work placement at the Gables Service Station which once stood where Head Kandi and the newly opened Rock fashions are now. That was 27 years ago.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
When the Gables closed down and Mr Dawson had left school, he came back to work in the very early days on a full time basis to earn his apprenticeship.
In the last 25 years he has risen to be Service Manager and a Renault Master Technician at the centre now based at the Chelmsford Road industrial estate.
WHAT is the best gift you have had from your boss? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.