Mechanic awarded trip of a lifetime for 25 years of graft
A BUSINESS owner has thrust one of his most trusted employees onto the back of a Harley Davidson to say thank you for 25 years of outstanding service.
Jeremy Taylor, proprietor of Taylor’s Service Centre in Great Dunmow, treated his longest serving employee Paul Dawson to a special trip of a lifetime at the end of June, as a reward for his loyalty and dedication.
Mr Taylor organised a ten day trip to ride Harley Davidson Motor Bikes on a designated route in California.
Starting from Ridgecrest, Los Angeles, where they collected their Road King Harley’s for the trip, they took in Hollywood, San Francisco and Santa Monica before heading back.
Mr Taylor said: “We would not be where we are today if it had not been for Paul’s hard work and dedication working with me right from those early days, and both my wife Jayne and I are very grateful.
You may also want to watch:
“We have always been able to trust him and rely on his loyalty, and as a Harley lover this was a perfect way to say thank you”.
Mr Dawson started working alongside Mr Taylor at the age of 14. He was on a work placement at the Gables Service Station which once stood where Head Kandi and the newly opened Rock fashions are now. That was 27 years ago.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
When the Gables closed down and Mr Dawson had left school, he came back to work in the very early days on a full time basis to earn his apprenticeship.
In the last 25 years he has risen to be Service Manager and a Renault Master Technician at the centre now based at the Chelmsford Road industrial estate.
WHAT is the best gift you have had from your boss? E-mail us at email@example.com.