Mayor's thank you letter for charity concert support
DUNMOW S mayor has written an open letter to the Dunmow Broadcast praising the public for their support at a recent charity concert. Gwynn Davies was pleased to see a packed audience enjoy live jazz music at Foakes Hall on Saturday March 20. He wro
DUNMOW'S mayor has written an open letter to the Dunmow Broadcast praising the public for their support at a recent charity concert.
Gwynn Davies was pleased to see a packed audience enjoy live jazz music at Foakes Hall on Saturday March 20.
He wrote: "I would like to thank everyone involved in the Mayor's Charity Jazz concert last Saturday at the Foakes Hall for making the evening such a success - the band, the audience and the helpers.
"Dave Browning's Dixie Six gave a superb display of jazz standards which the knowledgeable and enthusiastic audience seemed to enjoy. A few brave people even got up to dance. It's good to have live music of this quality in Dunmow.
There was a ploughman's supper during the first interval, and a raffle during the second interval.
"The raffle raised �330 and I am grateful to local traders (Bird & Fairley, Carpet Comfort, the Co-operative, Cuts Both Ways, Papillon and Stacey's Flowers) for donating some of the prizes.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 5 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 6 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 7 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 8 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 9 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 10 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
"Thanks are also due to the helpers behind the scenes who helped me to raise a net amount of �1501 for the mayoral charities of Alzheimer's and Accuro. Thank you all."
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org