Mayor's thank you letter for charity concert support
DUNMOW S mayor has written an open letter to the Dunmow Broadcast praising the public for their support at a recent charity concert. Gwynn Davies was pleased to see a packed audience enjoy live jazz music at Foakes Hall on Saturday March 20. He wro
DUNMOW'S mayor has written an open letter to the Dunmow Broadcast praising the public for their support at a recent charity concert.
Gwynn Davies was pleased to see a packed audience enjoy live jazz music at Foakes Hall on Saturday March 20.
He wrote: "I would like to thank everyone involved in the Mayor's Charity Jazz concert last Saturday at the Foakes Hall for making the evening such a success - the band, the audience and the helpers.
"Dave Browning's Dixie Six gave a superb display of jazz standards which the knowledgeable and enthusiastic audience seemed to enjoy. A few brave people even got up to dance. It's good to have live music of this quality in Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
There was a ploughman's supper during the first interval, and a raffle during the second interval.
"The raffle raised �330 and I am grateful to local traders (Bird & Fairley, Carpet Comfort, the Co-operative, Cuts Both Ways, Papillon and Stacey's Flowers) for donating some of the prizes.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
"Thanks are also due to the helpers behind the scenes who helped me to raise a net amount of �1501 for the mayoral charities of Alzheimer's and Accuro. Thank you all."
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org