Mayor's quiz raises funds for charity
CHARITIES supported by Dunmow s top dignitary received a cash boost after a quiz night raised �580. Mayor Clive Smith was in attendance as questions were fired at nine teams during a fun evening at Dunmow s Day Centre on Chequers Lane. The winning team,
CHARITIES supported by Dunmow's top dignitary received a cash boost after a quiz night raised �580.
Mayor Clive Smith was in attendance as questions were fired at nine teams during a fun evening at Dunmow's Day Centre on Chequers Lane.
The winning team, 'We're only here for the raffle', comprised of Lyn Perry, Jim Perry, Susan Hagon-Torkington, Stuart Harris, Andy Hagon-Torkington and Sue Freeman. They were presented with a bottle of wine for their victory.
The runners up, 'Pam's People', were left with a consolation prize of a pack of tissues and some Smarties.
You may also want to watch:
One of the quiz organisers, Claire Reeve, paid tribute to all of the competitors and thanked everyone for coming.
She said: "It was a good evening and the mayor's chosen charities, the RNLI and the Royal British Legion will benefit from all the money raised. It was also great to see both charities being represented by a quiz team.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history