Mayor's quiz raises funds for charity
CHARITIES supported by Dunmow s top dignitary received a cash boost after a quiz night raised �580. Mayor Clive Smith was in attendance as questions were fired at nine teams during a fun evening at Dunmow s Day Centre on Chequers Lane. The winning team,
CHARITIES supported by Dunmow's top dignitary received a cash boost after a quiz night raised �580.
Mayor Clive Smith was in attendance as questions were fired at nine teams during a fun evening at Dunmow's Day Centre on Chequers Lane.
The winning team, 'We're only here for the raffle', comprised of Lyn Perry, Jim Perry, Susan Hagon-Torkington, Stuart Harris, Andy Hagon-Torkington and Sue Freeman. They were presented with a bottle of wine for their victory.
The runners up, 'Pam's People', were left with a consolation prize of a pack of tissues and some Smarties.
You may also want to watch:
One of the quiz organisers, Claire Reeve, paid tribute to all of the competitors and thanked everyone for coming.
She said: "It was a good evening and the mayor's chosen charities, the RNLI and the Royal British Legion will benefit from all the money raised. It was also great to see both charities being represented by a quiz team.
- 1 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 2 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 3 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 4 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 5 Stations benefit from funding
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 9 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 10 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters