Mayday Sunday Funday in Essex village this weekend
MUDSUMMER comes early to Duton Hill on Bank Holiday Sunday (May 2) when the Three Horseshoes pub hosts the village s annual Mayday Sunday Funday.
MUDSUMMER comes early to Duton Hill on Bank Holiday Sunday (May 2) when the Three Horseshoes pub hosts the village's annual Mayday Sunday Funday.
This year's magical parade and fete take the theme 'a midsummer night's dream' and will be complemented by an outdoor performance early in the early evening of Shakespeare's famous play.
The fun day starts at 11.30am with a parade of floats through the village followed by the grand opening by Five Parishes vicar the Reverend Ivy Crawford at 12 noon, including judging of fancy dress.
Activities continue throughout the afternoon until 5pm with traditional maypole dancing and line and belly dancing performances, magic show and fun dog show for those who want to put pets through their paces.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes for the winners of the fancy dress competition - best girl, boy and adult - will be presented at 4.30pm.
Meanwhile, stalls of every kind will offer everything from books to bric-a-brac, face-painting, plate smashing and raffle, plus the ever-popular tombola, cake and plant stalls. A range of refreshments will be served including home-made pizzas and teas.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
The proceeds of this year's event will be donated to the Gardens of Easton Lodge Preservation Trust and Stop Stansted Expansion and volunteers from each organisation will be involved with many of the stalls and activities on the day.
Further information is available from The Three Horseshoes landlord, Derek Connell, on 01371 870681.