Mathematical minds at work
PUPILS and parents at Finchingfield Primary school learnt that maths can be fun during a Maths Through Art day. Five different art based activities were tackled to show maths isn t just about adding and subtraction. Head teacher Paula Hagan, said: Improv
PUPILS and parents at Finchingfield Primary school learnt that maths can be fun during a Maths Through Art day.
Five different art based activities were tackled to show maths isn't just about adding and subtraction.
Head teacher Paula Hagan, said: "Improving maths is one of the school's focuses for this year. One of the things we wanted to do was get parents involved and show them that maths isn't just about numbers.
"It was also important for the children to see the enjoyment of maths and how they come across it in everyday life."
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the day, brains were put into gear and heads scratched as they solved problems such as Chinese puzzles, number sequences and 3-D shapes that develop spatial awareness.
Mrs Hagan hailed the day, the first of its kind at the school, as a success saying she was very pleased at the number of people who went along to join in. She also said the feedback she had received was very good, too.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 4 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
The artwork that was produced on the day is currently on display in the school and in St John the Baptist church.