Masked man with shotgun in Dunmow bank robbery
- Credit: Archant
A masked man with a shotgun robbed a Dunmow bank this morning (Thursday).
The HSBC branch in High Street alerted the police after a security guard making a delivery was robbed of a cash box. Officers are now on scene.
Essex Police said the suspect had his face covered, was around 5ft 10in-tall and dressed in dark clothing.
A spokesman for HSBC said: “There was an armed robbery attempt in our Great Dunmow branch this morning. A G4S security guard was there at the time.
“No staff or customers were injured but were left shaken.”
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Skinner, head of operational risk at G4S Cash Solutions, said: “At 11am on Thursday, June 23, one of our cash couriers was the victim of an attack in High Street, Dunmow, Essex, whilst servicing a bank branch.
“Fortunately our crew has not suffered any physical injuries but has been badly shaken. We take these incidents very seriously and are working closely with the police with their enquiries and I would urge anyone with information about this incident to come forward by calling 101.”.
- 1 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 2 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 3 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 4 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 5 Stations benefit from funding
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 10 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
Any witnesses should call police on 101.
Did you see anything? Give the Broadcast a call on 01799 513000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More to follow.