Masked man with shotgun in Dunmow bank robbery
- Credit: Archant
A masked man with a shotgun robbed a Dunmow bank this morning (Thursday).
The HSBC branch in High Street alerted the police after a security guard making a delivery was robbed of a cash box. Officers are now on scene.
Essex Police said the suspect had his face covered, was around 5ft 10in-tall and dressed in dark clothing.
A spokesman for HSBC said: “There was an armed robbery attempt in our Great Dunmow branch this morning. A G4S security guard was there at the time.
“No staff or customers were injured but were left shaken.”
Gareth Skinner, head of operational risk at G4S Cash Solutions, said: “At 11am on Thursday, June 23, one of our cash couriers was the victim of an attack in High Street, Dunmow, Essex, whilst servicing a bank branch.
“Fortunately our crew has not suffered any physical injuries but has been badly shaken. We take these incidents very seriously and are working closely with the police with their enquiries and I would urge anyone with information about this incident to come forward by calling 101.”.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Any witnesses should call police on 101.
Did you see anything? Give the Broadcast a call on 01799 513000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More to follow.