Masked man with shotgun in Dunmow bank robbery
- Credit: Archant
A masked man with a shotgun robbed a Dunmow bank this morning (Thursday).
The HSBC branch in High Street alerted the police after a security guard making a delivery was robbed of a cash box. Officers are now on scene.
Essex Police said the suspect had his face covered, was around 5ft 10in-tall and dressed in dark clothing.
A spokesman for HSBC said: “There was an armed robbery attempt in our Great Dunmow branch this morning. A G4S security guard was there at the time.
“No staff or customers were injured but were left shaken.”
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Skinner, head of operational risk at G4S Cash Solutions, said: “At 11am on Thursday, June 23, one of our cash couriers was the victim of an attack in High Street, Dunmow, Essex, whilst servicing a bank branch.
“Fortunately our crew has not suffered any physical injuries but has been badly shaken. We take these incidents very seriously and are working closely with the police with their enquiries and I would urge anyone with information about this incident to come forward by calling 101.”.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 4 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 8 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 High Roding at the double and Dunmow go three-up as Aythorpe Roding lose ground in title race
Any witnesses should call police on 101.
Did you see anything? Give the Broadcast a call on 01799 513000 or email email@example.com.
More to follow.