Masked man with shotgun in Dunmow bank robbery
- Credit: Archant
A masked man with a shotgun robbed a Dunmow bank this morning (Thursday).
The HSBC branch in High Street alerted the police after a security guard making a delivery was robbed of a cash box. Officers are now on scene.
Essex Police said the suspect had his face covered, was around 5ft 10in-tall and dressed in dark clothing.
A spokesman for HSBC said: “There was an armed robbery attempt in our Great Dunmow branch this morning. A G4S security guard was there at the time.
“No staff or customers were injured but were left shaken.”
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Skinner, head of operational risk at G4S Cash Solutions, said: “At 11am on Thursday, June 23, one of our cash couriers was the victim of an attack in High Street, Dunmow, Essex, whilst servicing a bank branch.
“Fortunately our crew has not suffered any physical injuries but has been badly shaken. We take these incidents very seriously and are working closely with the police with their enquiries and I would urge anyone with information about this incident to come forward by calling 101.”.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 4 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 5 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 6 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Any witnesses should call police on 101.
Did you see anything? Give the Broadcast a call on 01799 513000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More to follow.