A wheely great effort from hospice fundrasier Steve
- Credit: Archant
The manager of an estate agency in Dunmow has raised more than £600 for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) after cycling 223 miles over three days.
Steve Gabbani, 59, who is the branch manager of Beresfords, in Dunmow High Street, has collected £645 for EACH, which provides care to children living with life-threatening conditions.
Children’s charities are close to Steve’s heart as his son Luke, who was born on New Year’s Day 1995, only lived for three days.
Of the ride, Steve said: “We had three glorious sunny days, perhaps a little too hot on occasion. The countryside was brilliant. There was one particular track of undulating countryside that went on for miles.”
Taking part in Ride for Life and starting on July 20, Steve cycled from Norfolk through Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, then back to Norfolk, visiting three hospices along the way.
You may also want to watch:
To support Steve go to: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stevegabbani.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper