A wheely great effort from hospice fundrasier Steve
- Credit: Archant
The manager of an estate agency in Dunmow has raised more than £600 for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) after cycling 223 miles over three days.
Steve Gabbani, 59, who is the branch manager of Beresfords, in Dunmow High Street, has collected £645 for EACH, which provides care to children living with life-threatening conditions.
Children’s charities are close to Steve’s heart as his son Luke, who was born on New Year’s Day 1995, only lived for three days.
Of the ride, Steve said: “We had three glorious sunny days, perhaps a little too hot on occasion. The countryside was brilliant. There was one particular track of undulating countryside that went on for miles.”
Taking part in Ride for Life and starting on July 20, Steve cycled from Norfolk through Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, then back to Norfolk, visiting three hospices along the way.
To support Steve go to: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stevegabbani.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 9 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
- 10 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’