Man suffers burns during shed fire
A 65-year-old man was taken to hospital with burns after a shed caught fire in Aythorpe Roding last week. Last Thursday, fire crews from Leaden Roding and Dunmow were called to Aythorpe Manor, School Road, at 4pm and soon afterwards, an ambulance was call
A 65-year-old man was taken to hospital with burns after a shed caught fire in Aythorpe Roding last week.
Last Thursday, fire crews from Leaden Roding and Dunmow were called to Aythorpe Manor, School Road, at 4pm and soon afterwards, an ambulance was called for.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said: "A 65-year-old man suffered superficial burns to hands and face.
"He was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford by a rapid response team where he was treated."
You may also want to watch:
They added that the Essex Air Ambulance was dispatched to the scene but was not required.
Leading firefighter Andrew Clark, of Leaden Roding fire station, said: "When we arrived the fire had already been extinguished by non-fire personnel. They had done a good job using a powder-based fire extinguisher. We carried out an inspection and treated the man."
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
"The man had superficial burns to his face and arms, which we treated with a cooling gel and we gave him oxygen as he had inhaled smoke."
The man involved declined to comment.