Man’s car hijacked after woman flags down vehicle near Finchingfield
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses over a carjacking incident that took place on a country lane between Great Bardfield and Finchingfield on Sunday, December 6.
At approximately 8pm, a white Fiat Abarth 500, which was driving along the B1057, was flagged down by a white female in her late 20s.
The male driver of the car and his passenger were then approached by two men from behind who shouted at them and told them to get out of the car.
The woman and two men then got into the vehicle and drove off towards Finchingfield.
The car was later found burnt out along Vicarage Road, Finchingfield.
You may also want to watch:
The woman who flagged the car down is described as being of slim build, with very long blond hair, which was worn down, and was wearing a white puffa jacket.
Any information regarding this crime can be reported to PC Draper at Braintree Police station on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows