Man in his 20s dies following four-motorcycle smash near Wethersfield
- Credit: Archant
A man died at the scene of a four-motorcycle crash in Sible Hedingham yesterday afternoon (June 5).
Emergency services, including the Essex Air Ambulance, were called shortly after 2pm to reports of the accident, which took place in Wethersfield Road.
One of the motorcyclists, believed to be a 22-year-old from Newcastle, died at the scene, and another rider, a 51-year-old man from Laindon, sustained serious injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge in a life-threatening condition.
A 62-year-old man from Basildon was taken to Colchester Hospital for treatment to minor injuries but has since been discharged.
The road was closed until 8.30pm while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses who have yet to come forward are asked to contact PC Darrin Lee on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 8 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 9 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 10 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish