Man in his 20s dies following four-motorcycle smash near Wethersfield
- Credit: Archant
A man died at the scene of a four-motorcycle crash in Sible Hedingham yesterday afternoon (June 5).
Emergency services, including the Essex Air Ambulance, were called shortly after 2pm to reports of the accident, which took place in Wethersfield Road.
One of the motorcyclists, believed to be a 22-year-old from Newcastle, died at the scene, and another rider, a 51-year-old man from Laindon, sustained serious injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge in a life-threatening condition.
A 62-year-old man from Basildon was taken to Colchester Hospital for treatment to minor injuries but has since been discharged.
The road was closed until 8.30pm while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses who have yet to come forward are asked to contact PC Darrin Lee on 101 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 5 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 8 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 9 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe