Man in his 20s dies following four-motorcycle smash near Wethersfield
- Credit: Archant
A man died at the scene of a four-motorcycle crash in Sible Hedingham yesterday afternoon (June 5).
Emergency services, including the Essex Air Ambulance, were called shortly after 2pm to reports of the accident, which took place in Wethersfield Road.
One of the motorcyclists, believed to be a 22-year-old from Newcastle, died at the scene, and another rider, a 51-year-old man from Laindon, sustained serious injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge in a life-threatening condition.
A 62-year-old man from Basildon was taken to Colchester Hospital for treatment to minor injuries but has since been discharged.
The road was closed until 8.30pm while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses who have yet to come forward are asked to contact PC Darrin Lee on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows