Man dead and Dunmow family seriously injured following two-vehicle crash in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow family have been seriously injured in a head-on crash which left one man dead.
Police were called to the two-vehicle smash on Essex Regiment Way, in Chelmsford, at about 3pm today (Sunday).
A Chevrolet Corvette and a Vauxhall Astra were involved in a collision between Wheelers Hill and the Braintree road.
The Corvette caught fire and the driver, believed to be a man in his 60s from Chelmsford, was trapped inside. He sadly died.
A family from Dunmow, a man and woman in their 30s and two girls both believed to be three and 18-months, were in the Astra and were taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. They all suffered serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police have closed the road in both directions. It is expected to remain closed for another couple of hours.
Officers have appealed for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact Pc Dave Gorbutt at the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced