Man dead and Dunmow family seriously injured following two-vehicle crash in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow family have been seriously injured in a head-on crash which left one man dead.
Police were called to the two-vehicle smash on Essex Regiment Way, in Chelmsford, at about 3pm today (Sunday).
A Chevrolet Corvette and a Vauxhall Astra were involved in a collision between Wheelers Hill and the Braintree road.
The Corvette caught fire and the driver, believed to be a man in his 60s from Chelmsford, was trapped inside. He sadly died.
A family from Dunmow, a man and woman in their 30s and two girls both believed to be three and 18-months, were in the Astra and were taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. They all suffered serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police have closed the road in both directions. It is expected to remain closed for another couple of hours.
Officers have appealed for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact Pc Dave Gorbutt at the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses