Man dead and Dunmow family seriously injured following two-vehicle crash in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow family have been seriously injured in a head-on crash which left one man dead.
Police were called to the two-vehicle smash on Essex Regiment Way, in Chelmsford, at about 3pm today (Sunday).
A Chevrolet Corvette and a Vauxhall Astra were involved in a collision between Wheelers Hill and the Braintree road.
The Corvette caught fire and the driver, believed to be a man in his 60s from Chelmsford, was trapped inside. He sadly died.
A family from Dunmow, a man and woman in their 30s and two girls both believed to be three and 18-months, were in the Astra and were taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. They all suffered serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police have closed the road in both directions. It is expected to remain closed for another couple of hours.
Officers have appealed for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact Pc Dave Gorbutt at the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader