Man charged after alleged assault outside Dunmow Co-op
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court after a member of staff from a Dunmow shop suffered head and facial injuries in an alleged assault on Saturday night (February 18).
The incident took place near Dunmow Co-op in White Street just before 8pm, after the staff member had chased down a man who had allegedly stolen two bottles of vodka from the store.
Daniel Rudkin, 19, of The Causeway, Great Dunmow, unemployed, appeared at Colchester Magistrates Court on Tuesday, February 21, charged with robbery and assault.
He entered no plea and was remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on March 21.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.06pm on Saturday, February 18.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle, and treated a man who had suffered injuries to his head and face.
“He was taken to hospital for further care.”
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40