Man charged after alleged assault outside Dunmow Co-op
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court after a member of staff from a Dunmow shop suffered head and facial injuries in an alleged assault on Saturday night (February 18).
The incident took place near Dunmow Co-op in White Street just before 8pm, after the staff member had chased down a man who had allegedly stolen two bottles of vodka from the store.
Daniel Rudkin, 19, of The Causeway, Great Dunmow, unemployed, appeared at Colchester Magistrates Court on Tuesday, February 21, charged with robbery and assault.
He entered no plea and was remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on March 21.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.06pm on Saturday, February 18.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle, and treated a man who had suffered injuries to his head and face.
“He was taken to hospital for further care.”
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows