Man arrested in connection with attempted rapes in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with two attempted rapes in Dunmow.
The 25-year-old man was arrested today (Monday) and remains in custody for questioning. An Essex Police spokesperson said: “We are continuing to appeal for information about two separate incidents.
“The first incident was reported at around 10.45pm on Thursday, May 28, after a woman reported being grabbed by a man while walking in an alleyway off Chelmsford Road, Greater Dunmow.
“She reported that the man grabbed her from behind and then sexually assaulted her over her clothing.
“The second incident was reported at around 6.45pm on Friday, May 29 after a 13-year-old girl reported she was grabbed from behind along woodland off Tyler’s Avenue in Little Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
“The girl screamed, and the suspect ran off.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Essex Police major crime team in Dunmow on 101, quoting incident 1115 of May 29. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault