Man arrested in connection with attempted rapes in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with two attempted rapes in Dunmow.
The 25-year-old man was arrested today (Monday) and remains in custody for questioning. An Essex Police spokesperson said: “We are continuing to appeal for information about two separate incidents.
“The first incident was reported at around 10.45pm on Thursday, May 28, after a woman reported being grabbed by a man while walking in an alleyway off Chelmsford Road, Greater Dunmow.
“She reported that the man grabbed her from behind and then sexually assaulted her over her clothing.
“The second incident was reported at around 6.45pm on Friday, May 29 after a 13-year-old girl reported she was grabbed from behind along woodland off Tyler’s Avenue in Little Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
“The girl screamed, and the suspect ran off.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Essex Police major crime team in Dunmow on 101, quoting incident 1115 of May 29. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees