Man, 68, takes 20 driving tests at Bishop’s Stortford but still hasn’t got licence
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A determined learner driver from the area has taken 20 driving tests but still not passed.
The 68-year-old man, who last took a test at Bishop’s Stortford in 2014, has taken the most driving tests at the centre, according to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
A 40-year-old woman took the second most number of tests, and still not passed, with 18 attempts - the last in 2015.
The 17th time was a charm for a 37-year-old woman who passed in 2014. Two people have taken their test 16 times, one a male, 53, who has yet to pass, and a 21-year-old female who passed in 2012.
Three people passed on their 15th attempt, two men aged 43 and 21 and a woman aged 36.
You may also want to watch:
Two female learners drivers, one aged 48 and failed in 2016, the other 38, have yet to pass after 14 attempts.
Thirteen was a lucky number for seven drivers, but not for a 22-year-old woman, who last attempted the test this year but will need to pass another.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 5 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 8 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 9 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list
Five woman, two aged 18, one 34, another 37 and a 59-year-old, took 12 attempts to get their driving licence.
DVSA chief driving examiner Lesley Young said: “It’s essential that all drivers demonstrate they have the right skills, knowledge and attitude to drive safely. The driver testing and training regime tests candidates’ ability to drive safely and responsibly as well as making sure they know the theory behind safe driving.
“All candidates are assessed to the same level and the result of their test is entirely dependent on their performance on the day.”