Man, 68, takes 20 driving tests at Bishop’s Stortford but still hasn’t got licence
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A determined learner driver from the area has taken 20 driving tests but still not passed.
The 68-year-old man, who last took a test at Bishop’s Stortford in 2014, has taken the most driving tests at the centre, according to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
A 40-year-old woman took the second most number of tests, and still not passed, with 18 attempts - the last in 2015.
The 17th time was a charm for a 37-year-old woman who passed in 2014. Two people have taken their test 16 times, one a male, 53, who has yet to pass, and a 21-year-old female who passed in 2012.
Three people passed on their 15th attempt, two men aged 43 and 21 and a woman aged 36.
You may also want to watch:
Two female learners drivers, one aged 48 and failed in 2016, the other 38, have yet to pass after 14 attempts.
Thirteen was a lucky number for seven drivers, but not for a 22-year-old woman, who last attempted the test this year but will need to pass another.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
Five woman, two aged 18, one 34, another 37 and a 59-year-old, took 12 attempts to get their driving licence.
DVSA chief driving examiner Lesley Young said: “It’s essential that all drivers demonstrate they have the right skills, knowledge and attitude to drive safely. The driver testing and training regime tests candidates’ ability to drive safely and responsibly as well as making sure they know the theory behind safe driving.
“All candidates are assessed to the same level and the result of their test is entirely dependent on their performance on the day.”