Man, 24, attacked near The Bull pub in Braintree just after Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A man was assaulted near a pub in Braintree, police have said.
The 24-year-old, from the Braintree area, was struck in the face at around 3am on Sunday, December 28, in Market Place, near The Bull public house.
He sustained cuts and bruising to his face and needed dental treatment for damage to his teeth.
Two men are believed to have been involved in the assault. They were both white, around 5ft 9in to 5ft 10in tall, of slim build and in their early to mid 20s.
One of the men had short brown hair and was wearing a white top and a long brown coat. The other had short blond hair.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Clair Ward, of Essex Police, said: “Witnesses we have spoken to already have said they believe that several people caught some of what happened on their mobile phones and there is video footage out there.
“I would urge anyone who may have recorded any of this incident or has any information to get in touch with me at Braintree Police Station on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows