Male voice choir to perform
ST MARY S Church will be the venue for Chelmsford Male Voice Choir to sing an exciting repertoire on March 29. Two hours of ballads, choral classics, folk songs and showstoppers will be sung in languages such as Latin, Welsh, and even Afrikaans. The Chelm
ST MARY'S Church will be the venue for Chelmsford Male Voice Choir to sing an exciting repertoire on March 29.
Two hours of ballads, choral classics, folk songs and showstoppers will be sung in languages such as Latin, Welsh, and even Afrikaans.
The Chelmsford singers including three local Dunmow singers, Graham Davies, Gwynn Davies and Gareth Williams, have become one of the best choirs in Essex and East Anglia since they formed in 1903.
Performing regular concerts, they are a much sought after group for event organisers.
The choir has sung for over one thousand people at the Essex WI concert in 2006 after releasing a CD entitled Deep Harmony in 2004 raising thousands of pounds for local and national charities.
Choir publicity officer Frank Payne said: "You won't want to miss this harmony of 50 male voices singing songs you have grown to love.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 5 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 8 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 9 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
"Our musical director John Taylor arranges all the music specifically
for the choir and, under his
guidance, it really improves the quality of the sound."
Tickets are available by calling 01371 872504 or 872053. The price is £7 including a glass of wine and tickets can also be purchased on the door. The concert will begin at 7.30pm, doors will open at 7pm.