Magic man made president of brotherhood for the second time
A MAGICIAN from Dunmow has made history after being named as head of an international brotherhood for the second time.
Brian Miller is the first man ever to be twice elected as president of the British Ring No 25 of The International Brotherhood of Magicians.
“I find more people want to talk to me now I’m president,” Mr Miller told the Broadcast. “There is great accolade and prestige which comes with the role. I am very proud.”
The 73-year-old was installed as head of the largest ring in the world with 1,200 members, at the 75th annual convention held last month in Southport. Mr Miller was last made president in September 1983.
His year-long presidency means he will act as ambassador and represent the British Ring overseas, keep in touch with members, oversee the 2012 convention, and write an article in the monthly magazine The Budget.
You may also want to watch:
Since moving to Dunmow 10 years ago, Mr Miller and his wife Audrey have become involved in the local community and have used their skills as magical entertainers by raising over �20,000 towards the upkeep of the Five Parishes, as well as directing and producing an annual magic show.
“I enjoy being able to bring joy and money to the community,” said Mr Miller, who is treasurer of Tilty Church and also of the Friends of the Five Parishes.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced