Macmillan coffee morning to take place in Dunmow town centre on Friday
- Credit: Archant
A Macmillan coffee morning will take place in Dunmow for the 19th year on Friday (September 27).
The Cafe Beyond the Alley will pop up once again beside Sweetlands butchers, as part of the 'World's Biggest Coffee Morning', which raises money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Organiser Claire Reeve said: "There will be copious cups of coffee and tea, lots of homemade cakes and a raffle. For those who haven't time to linger, drinks and cakes can be taken away."
Last year, speaking to the Broadcast, Mrs Reeve said: "Over the years the coffee morning has grown. We have made more than £2,000 for the last few years. It's a very good cause. Everyone knows someone that has been touched by cancer."
The event will last from 10am-12pm. If you can't make the coffee morning, donations can be left at Sweetlands.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, contact Claire on 01371 873768.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed