Macmillan coffee morning to take place in Dunmow town centre on Friday
- Credit: Archant
A Macmillan coffee morning will take place in Dunmow for the 19th year on Friday (September 27).
The Cafe Beyond the Alley will pop up once again beside Sweetlands butchers, as part of the 'World's Biggest Coffee Morning', which raises money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Organiser Claire Reeve said: "There will be copious cups of coffee and tea, lots of homemade cakes and a raffle. For those who haven't time to linger, drinks and cakes can be taken away."
Last year, speaking to the Broadcast, Mrs Reeve said: "Over the years the coffee morning has grown. We have made more than £2,000 for the last few years. It's a very good cause. Everyone knows someone that has been touched by cancer."
The event will last from 10am-12pm. If you can't make the coffee morning, donations can be left at Sweetlands.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, contact Claire on 01371 873768.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge