Lucky escape for pub as overturned trailor destroys property
A COUNTRY pub had a “lucky escape” after a trailer overturned on to their seating area.
The Duke’s Head in Hatfield Broad Oak will have to replace a bench which was destroyed by the falling bales of straw but owner Elizabeth Flodman told the Broadcast it could have been disastrous.
“Luckily there was nobody in the seating area at the time otherwise it could have been awful.”
Mrs Flodman was working the bar with one other member of staff when the tractor passed their window.
“I thought it was going too fast at the time; the next thing I heard was a big crash and all the furniture outside the pub was wiped out. It could have been a lot worse.”
You may also want to watch:
The tractor was travelling along the B183 on Friday, August 12 around 3.30pm, when the accident took place.
A spokesman for the parish council told the Broadcast that discussions with the highways authority that come to no avail as there was no obvious way to improve the road.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 8 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision