Lucky escape for pub as overturned trailor destroys property
A COUNTRY pub had a “lucky escape” after a trailer overturned on to their seating area.
The Duke’s Head in Hatfield Broad Oak will have to replace a bench which was destroyed by the falling bales of straw but owner Elizabeth Flodman told the Broadcast it could have been disastrous.
“Luckily there was nobody in the seating area at the time otherwise it could have been awful.”
Mrs Flodman was working the bar with one other member of staff when the tractor passed their window.
“I thought it was going too fast at the time; the next thing I heard was a big crash and all the furniture outside the pub was wiped out. It could have been a lot worse.”
You may also want to watch:
The tractor was travelling along the B183 on Friday, August 12 around 3.30pm, when the accident took place.
A spokesman for the parish council told the Broadcast that discussions with the highways authority that come to no avail as there was no obvious way to improve the road.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced