Lucky escape for pub as overturned trailor destroys property
A COUNTRY pub had a “lucky escape” after a trailer overturned on to their seating area.
The Duke’s Head in Hatfield Broad Oak will have to replace a bench which was destroyed by the falling bales of straw but owner Elizabeth Flodman told the Broadcast it could have been disastrous.
“Luckily there was nobody in the seating area at the time otherwise it could have been awful.”
Mrs Flodman was working the bar with one other member of staff when the tractor passed their window.
“I thought it was going too fast at the time; the next thing I heard was a big crash and all the furniture outside the pub was wiped out. It could have been a lot worse.”
You may also want to watch:
The tractor was travelling along the B183 on Friday, August 12 around 3.30pm, when the accident took place.
A spokesman for the parish council told the Broadcast that discussions with the highways authority that come to no avail as there was no obvious way to improve the road.
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 5 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex