Lost luggage figures revealed for Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport is 10 times less likely to lose passengers’ luggage than London Heathrow, new figures have suggested.
There have been 61 unresolved lost luggage claims at Stansted Airport since 2015, while Heathrow has had 636, the most across the country.
The data was revealed by MoneySuperMarket's research into more than 2,000 lost luggage complaints made to the Civil Aviation Authority.
Stansted Airport also fairs better than Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham.
Mark Davison from Stansted Airport said: "The airport provides the infrastructure and systems - we are investing nearly £60million to upgrade the baggage system - but ensuring baggage reaches the correct destination and is reunited with the correct passenger is down to the airline."
You may also want to watch:
Other research by MoneySuperMarket has shown that passengers in UK airports wait on average 7.8 days for lost luggage to be returned, while eight per cent of passengers never see their belongings again.
Have you had luggage go missing at Stansted? Send your story to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan