Lost luggage figures revealed for Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport is 10 times less likely to lose passengers’ luggage than London Heathrow, new figures have suggested.
There have been 61 unresolved lost luggage claims at Stansted Airport since 2015, while Heathrow has had 636, the most across the country.
The data was revealed by MoneySuperMarket's research into more than 2,000 lost luggage complaints made to the Civil Aviation Authority.
Stansted Airport also fairs better than Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham.
Mark Davison from Stansted Airport said: "The airport provides the infrastructure and systems - we are investing nearly £60million to upgrade the baggage system - but ensuring baggage reaches the correct destination and is reunited with the correct passenger is down to the airline."
You may also want to watch:
Other research by MoneySuperMarket has shown that passengers in UK airports wait on average 7.8 days for lost luggage to be returned, while eight per cent of passengers never see their belongings again.
Have you had luggage go missing at Stansted? Send your story to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 5 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear