Long service awards for Royal British Legion members
TWO members of the Wethersfield and Shalford Royal British Legion (RBL) have been recognised for their long service to the branch.
David Brown and Peter Monk have both been members of the branch for over 60 years and have mucked in to cover most positions, including chairman, treasurer and secretary.
They received a framed certificate at the branch’s annual dinner held at The George Inn in Shalford last week.
Wethersfield and Shalford RBL was formed in 1931 and currently has 32 members. It runs two major fundraising pushes during the year in aid of branch funds – a spring jumble sale in Shalford and an August coffee morning in Wethersfield – as well as an annual dinner for members.
The branch is on the look out for new members – all-comers, not just ex-servicemen – and is particularly keen to recruit new volunteers for this year’s Poppy Appeal, which runs in the locality from late October to early November.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved or for more information contact Poppy Appeal organiser Alan Oates on 01371 850621.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council