Long service awards for Royal British Legion members
TWO members of the Wethersfield and Shalford Royal British Legion (RBL) have been recognised for their long service to the branch.
David Brown and Peter Monk have both been members of the branch for over 60 years and have mucked in to cover most positions, including chairman, treasurer and secretary.
They received a framed certificate at the branch’s annual dinner held at The George Inn in Shalford last week.
Wethersfield and Shalford RBL was formed in 1931 and currently has 32 members. It runs two major fundraising pushes during the year in aid of branch funds – a spring jumble sale in Shalford and an August coffee morning in Wethersfield – as well as an annual dinner for members.
The branch is on the look out for new members – all-comers, not just ex-servicemen – and is particularly keen to recruit new volunteers for this year’s Poppy Appeal, which runs in the locality from late October to early November.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved or for more information contact Poppy Appeal organiser Alan Oates on 01371 850621.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 5 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'