Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow county councillor Susan Barker retained her seat in the local elections yesterday (Thursday, May 6).
The Conservative councillor, who has sat on Essex County Council since 2001, took a 1,251-vote lead over Residents for Uttlesford candidate Geoff Bagnall.
Cllr Barker was one of two Conservative councillors to retain her Essex County Council seat within Uttlesford.
The other was Ray Gooding, the county councillor for Stansted.
Cllr Barker had 3,534 Dunmow votes, compared to R4U's 2,283.
Labour took third place in Dunmow, up from their fifth-place performance in 2017, followed by the Greens and Lib Dems.
In Stansted, three councillors each received over 1,000 votes, including Cllr Gooding.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
Second-placed was R4U's Bianca Donald followed by Liberal Democrat Ayub Khan.
In Saffron Walden and Thaxted, incumbent Tories lost out to R4U candidates Paul Gadd and Martin Foley.
Cllr Foley is the current Uttlesford District Council chair.
In Three Fields with Great Notley, which neighbours Dunmow, Conservative candidate Graham Butland won the seat with 2,307.
Butland beat independent candidate Michael Staines, an Independent, who received 1,182 votes.