Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow county councillor Susan Barker retained her seat in the local elections yesterday (Thursday, May 6).
The Conservative councillor, who has sat on Essex County Council since 2001, took a 1,251-vote lead over Residents for Uttlesford candidate Geoff Bagnall.
Cllr Barker was one of two Conservative councillors to retain her Essex County Council seat within Uttlesford.
The other was Ray Gooding, the county councillor for Stansted.
Cllr Barker had 3,534 Dunmow votes, compared to R4U's 2,283.
You may also want to watch:
Labour took third place in Dunmow, up from their fifth-place performance in 2017, followed by the Greens and Lib Dems.
In Stansted, three councillors each received over 1,000 votes, including Cllr Gooding.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 9 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
Second-placed was R4U's Bianca Donald followed by Liberal Democrat Ayub Khan.
In Saffron Walden and Thaxted, incumbent Tories lost out to R4U candidates Paul Gadd and Martin Foley.
Cllr Foley is the current Uttlesford District Council chair.
In Three Fields with Great Notley, which neighbours Dunmow, Conservative candidate Graham Butland won the seat with 2,307.
Butland beat independent candidate Michael Staines, an Independent, who received 1,182 votes.