New Uttlesford District Council chair appointed
- Credit: Image supplied by Cllr Arthur Coote
Councillor Arthur Coote is the new chair of Uttlesford District Council.
He replaces Cllr Martin Foley, who has served since May 2020.
Leaving his post, Cllr Foley praised the community for their support for one another during the pandemic.
He said: "One thing that has been absolutely marvellous is the coming together of people in our community to help one another to deliver shopping and a hundred other good neighbourly things."
Cllr Foley's chairman's charity was Stroke Association.
You may also want to watch:
He raised £4,092 to support stroke research and survivors' support, completing a 500-mile walking challenge in the post.
Cllr Foley is fundraising through JustGiving: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cllr-martin-foley-udc
Cllr Coote has chosen East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH) as his good cause this year.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 9 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
He said: "As a parent, grandparent and having cared for sick children as a foster parent, this became a cause very dear to my heart."
Cllr Heather Asker was elected Vice Chair.
Cllrs Coote and Asker are both former Saffron Walden mayors.