New charging points for electric vehicles in Uttlesford
- Credit: Residents for Uttlesford
Eight charging points for electric vehicles have been installed at Uttlesford District Council.
Five will be available during daytime hours to the public, with three for council visitors and employees at the council's London Road car park.
All the chargers will be available to the public out of business hours and at the weekend.
Councillor Louise Pepper, the council's portfolio holder for the environment, said the new high-voltage cables provide fast charging through 22kW floor-standing posts.
“We are delighted that these new electric vehicle charging points are now in use."
Cllr Pepper added: “They will assist R4U’s Net-Zero strategy at UDC, along with new electric charging points at White Street and Chequers Lane car parks in Dunmow and Crafton Green in Stansted.”
Where to find further EV charging points in Uttlesford
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- White Street, Great Dunmow
- Chequers Lane, Great Dunmow
- Crafton Green, Stansted Mountfitchet
- The Common car park, Saffron Walden
- The Lord Butler Leisure Centre, Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden.