Grants are available for businesses hit by Covid restrictions
- Credit: Braintree District Council
Businesses impacted by Covid restrictions can apply for financial support through the Additional Restrictions grant scheme which is now open.
Events sector businesses, market traders, taxi firms, businesses operating from home and companies in shared work spaces are among those who can apply.
The scheme will award up to £9,900 in support based on size and the extent of fixed costs. Larger sums will also be available in exceptional circumstances.
Unlike other schemes this grant includes businesses who do not have rateable premises.
Cllr Tom Cunningham, Braintree District Council's deputy leader and cabinet member for economic development and infrastructure, said: “We want to help as many businesses as we can, as quickly as we can, in order to keep businesses afloat and safeguard as many jobs as possible."
You may also want to watch:
Braintree District Council has issued £39 million in grants to more than 2,600 businesses since the pandemic began in March 2020.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 5 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022