Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- Credit: Braintree District Council
The number of charging points for electric vehicles is rising in the Braintree area.
Braintree District Council has opened four dual electric changing points in White Horse Lane car park, Witham this month, and have now provided another four at Newlands Drive car park, Witham.
The 7kw dual outlet Fast Chargers bring easy access to electric charging infrastructure in the middle of the town centre.
They have been paid for with £129,000 of funds from The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) in partnership with ‘bp pulse’ and UK Power Networks. The Newlands Drive charging points cost £30,000.
To use these charging points, EV owners need a subscription with Chargemaster Polar or Chargeyourcar.
For pay-as-you-go customers, there is a minimum fee of £1.50 plus a £0.30 pence per kilowatt tariff.
Councillor Wendy Schmitt, the cabinet member for environment at Braintree District Council, said: “I’m really pleased that as a council we can contribute towards a sustainable way of travel today, to help our planet tomorrow.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 3 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 7 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
"We will continue to work with government, the private sector, partners and stakeholders, to look towards a better future, doing our part now to help tackle climate change which will impact on everyone’s future.”
This latest addition is the eighth electric charging point site located in council owned car parks in the Braintree district.
Where EV charging points are located in Braintree, Witham and Halstead:
- George Yard Car Park, Aetheric Road, Braintree, CM7 1RB
- Causeway House, Bocking End, Braintree, CM7 9HB
- Braintree Swimming Centre, Charter Way, Braintree, CM77 8YJ
- Enterprise Centre, Springwood Drive, Braintree, CM7 2YN
- Halstead Leisure Centre, Colne Road, Halstead, CO9 2HR
- Witham Leisure Centre, Spinks Lane, Witham, CM8 1EP
- White Horse Lane Car Park, Witham CM8 2BU
- Newland Drive Car Park, Witham, CM8 2AP