Lloyd Waters wins best window competition ahead of Dunmow Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Leprechauns gave Lloyd Waters the luck of the Irish as the Dunmow store came out triumphant in this year’s shop window competition.
The Market Place store’s Dublin-themed window impressed the judges of the competition in the run up to Saturday’s Dunmow Carnival, which this year carries a theme of cities.
As well as the leprechauns, there was a Gaelic welcoming message and a glass of Guinness in the orange, green and white display.
Carol Waters, owner, said: “We are delighted. We did put a lot of effort into our display.”
Bakewell, also in Market Place, came second with a display which included a London bus created in icing and the Eiffel Tower made of macarons.
You may also want to watch:
The judges said: “Although there were fewer entries than in previous years the standard remained high and it was good to see new businesses in the town entering the competition.”
The Dunmow Broadcast has teamed up with Perkins Garage in Rayne ahead of the carnival to give readers the chance to win a free MoT for their car.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
Visitors to this year’s carnival will get the first look in the UK at Subaru’s new Levorg, which goes on show nationally next week, as the 4x4 estate has been specially delivered to Perkins, which is hosting a stand at the event.
The Subaru and MG dealer and Ford-approved repairer will have a number of its vehicles on show.
To be in with the chance to win one of two free MoTs at Perkins Garage, just answer the following question. Which country is Subaru based?
Send your answers, along with your name, age, address and telephone number, to MoT competition, Dunmow Broadcast, 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE by the closing date on October 9. Alternatively visit our stand at the carnival, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Archant rules apply. Editor’s decision final.