Lloyd Waters wins best window competition ahead of Dunmow Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Leprechauns gave Lloyd Waters the luck of the Irish as the Dunmow store came out triumphant in this year’s shop window competition.
The Market Place store’s Dublin-themed window impressed the judges of the competition in the run up to Saturday’s Dunmow Carnival, which this year carries a theme of cities.
As well as the leprechauns, there was a Gaelic welcoming message and a glass of Guinness in the orange, green and white display.
Carol Waters, owner, said: “We are delighted. We did put a lot of effort into our display.”
Bakewell, also in Market Place, came second with a display which included a London bus created in icing and the Eiffel Tower made of macarons.
You may also want to watch:
The judges said: “Although there were fewer entries than in previous years the standard remained high and it was good to see new businesses in the town entering the competition.”
The Dunmow Broadcast has teamed up with Perkins Garage in Rayne ahead of the carnival to give readers the chance to win a free MoT for their car.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
Visitors to this year’s carnival will get the first look in the UK at Subaru’s new Levorg, which goes on show nationally next week, as the 4x4 estate has been specially delivered to Perkins, which is hosting a stand at the event.
The Subaru and MG dealer and Ford-approved repairer will have a number of its vehicles on show.
To be in with the chance to win one of two free MoTs at Perkins Garage, just answer the following question. Which country is Subaru based?
Send your answers, along with your name, age, address and telephone number, to MoT competition, Dunmow Broadcast, 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE by the closing date on October 9. Alternatively visit our stand at the carnival, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Archant rules apply. Editor’s decision final.