Little Canfield nursery given £500 donation from Stansted Airport Community Fund
- Credit: Archant
NEW toys can now be bought for a nursery in Little Canfield following a donation from Stansted Airport.
The Play and Stay, based at the Priors Green Community Centre, was given £500 by the airport’s Community Fund to go towards new equipment for the youngsters to enjoy.
Previous owners had ran out of funding, but the centre has been taken over by four parents who were delighted with the donation.
Ruth Wilson said: “Lots of people donate items which is great and we do pick up some bits from charity shops.
“But this is so good because it means we can buy new equipment which we would not usually be able to afford.”
She added: “I decided to get involved with the running of the Play and Stay because I not want to see it go. I bring my son here and he loves it so I wanted to make sure it continues.
“There is not a lot for people to do around here, so this is also a good way of bringing the community together.”
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
The nursery is open every Friday afternoon and people are welcome to drop by with their youngsters.