Little Canfield nursery given £500 donation from Stansted Airport Community Fund
- Credit: Archant
NEW toys can now be bought for a nursery in Little Canfield following a donation from Stansted Airport.
The Play and Stay, based at the Priors Green Community Centre, was given £500 by the airport’s Community Fund to go towards new equipment for the youngsters to enjoy.
Previous owners had ran out of funding, but the centre has been taken over by four parents who were delighted with the donation.
Ruth Wilson said: “Lots of people donate items which is great and we do pick up some bits from charity shops.
“But this is so good because it means we can buy new equipment which we would not usually be able to afford.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I decided to get involved with the running of the Play and Stay because I not want to see it go. I bring my son here and he loves it so I wanted to make sure it continues.
“There is not a lot for people to do around here, so this is also a good way of bringing the community together.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
The nursery is open every Friday afternoon and people are welcome to drop by with their youngsters.