Litter pick in Great Dunmow to support Great British Spring Clean
- Credit: Archant
A community litter pick will take place in Great Dunmow next month (March 4) as part of a UK initiative.
Great Dunmow Town Council is holding the event to support a nationwide campaign which aims to get 500,000 people helping to clear up rubbish.
That is double the number of volunteers who helped out in Great British Spring Clean 2016 – where 300,000 bags of litter was collected.
It is backed by charities like the RSPCA and Keep Wales Tidy, businesses including McDonald’s, Greggs, Lidl and Costa, and by celebrity Steve Backshall, a BAFTA-winning presenter.
Steve, who called it an “important issue”, said: “Litter dropped in a British street is a horror show for wildlife, so many animals are injured and even die from the things we throw away.”
You may also want to watch:
All helpers would be voluntary but all equipment will be provided.
The event starts at Foakes Hall car park at 9.30am on Saturday, March 4.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford