Let the battle commence at Cressing Temple – book now and save 50 per cent
CELEBRATE England s patron saint and watch history come to life during Cressing Temple s spectacular St George s Joust. On Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 April you will witness the Black Knight galloping into Cressing Temple, near Braintree, ready to challenge
CELEBRATE England's patron saint and watch history come to life during Cressing Temple's spectacular St George's Joust.
On Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 April you will witness the Black Knight galloping into Cressing Temple, near Braintree, ready to challenge his nemesis in a show stopping six horse joust - a stunning display of horsemanship, skill and sheer nerve.
Organisers have also announced a new Eagle and Vulture Show. During the breathtaking display you will come within inches of some of the most awe-inspiring birds in the world including Sydney the Bald Eagle, Ernie the Eagle Owl, Dyson the Griffon Vulture and the largest eagle in the world, Spike the Steller's Sea Eagle.
If that wasn't enough, throughout the day there will be a host of activities to keep the whole family entertained including warfare through the ages, medieval living history demonstrations, live music and storytelling. You can also take in the remarkable surroundings, including two of the finest Templar barns in Europe and a beautiful Tudor walled garden.
To complete your medieval experience you can join in on the Saturday night for a medieval banquet featuring a two course meal, entertainment, jesters and a horseback Knight. The medieval banquet is �25 per person (pre booking essential).
Booking lines are now open - a 50 per cent discount is currently being offered on all joust tickets pre-booked before the end of March and 15 per cent discount in April.
- 1 Bid launched for 120 new homes in Great Dunmow
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Great Dunmow Primary pupil donates hair to children with cancer
- 4 Who are the runners and riders to replace Boris Johnson as PM?
- 5 New crematorium opens in Dunmow
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 7 Eight in a row for Dunmow, as Aythorpe Roding edge home
- 8 Boris Johnson quits as prime minister but vows to stay until October
- 9 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 10 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
Book now on 0845 603 7624. Cost: adult �10, child �5, family �25 (two adults and two children).
For more information www.cressingtemple.org.uk
Cressing Temple is located in Witham Road, Cressing, Nr Braintree, Essex CM77 8PD.