Leg ulcer clinics open in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
Leg ulcers will be treated at a specialist clinic in Dunmow, instead GP surgeries, from this month.
The West Essex CCG, who cover Uttlesford healthcare, say this will improve healing rates through specialist assessment, management and treatment for the long-term condition.
A reoccurrence of an ulcer can be treated straight away, and close supervision and will also be provided.
A leg ulcer is a chronic sore, usually just above the ankle, that takes more than four weeks to heal and can cause pain, itching, swelling and sometimes a foul-smelling discharge.
There is now a clinic in Dunmow, open from 1pm-4pm, and in Saffron Walden Community Hospital on Fridays from 1pm to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other clinics in Uttlesford include the Rectory Lane Health Centre from 9am-5pm, Waltham Abbey Health Centre from 9am-5am, and St Margaret’s Hospital on Thursdays from 9am-5pm.
It is not a walk-in clinic and patients have to be referred by their GP.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 8 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 9 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 10 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
For more information, contact the CCG on 01992 566 122 or 01992 566 1223.