Leg ulcer clinics open in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
Leg ulcers will be treated at a specialist clinic in Dunmow, instead GP surgeries, from this month.
The West Essex CCG, who cover Uttlesford healthcare, say this will improve healing rates through specialist assessment, management and treatment for the long-term condition.
A reoccurrence of an ulcer can be treated straight away, and close supervision and will also be provided.
A leg ulcer is a chronic sore, usually just above the ankle, that takes more than four weeks to heal and can cause pain, itching, swelling and sometimes a foul-smelling discharge.
There is now a clinic in Dunmow, open from 1pm-4pm, and in Saffron Walden Community Hospital on Fridays from 1pm to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other clinics in Uttlesford include the Rectory Lane Health Centre from 9am-5pm, Waltham Abbey Health Centre from 9am-5am, and St Margaret’s Hospital on Thursdays from 9am-5pm.
It is not a walk-in clinic and patients have to be referred by their GP.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
For more information, contact the CCG on 01992 566 122 or 01992 566 1223.