Leg ulcer clinics open in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
Leg ulcers will be treated at a specialist clinic in Dunmow, instead GP surgeries, from this month.
The West Essex CCG, who cover Uttlesford healthcare, say this will improve healing rates through specialist assessment, management and treatment for the long-term condition.
A reoccurrence of an ulcer can be treated straight away, and close supervision and will also be provided.
A leg ulcer is a chronic sore, usually just above the ankle, that takes more than four weeks to heal and can cause pain, itching, swelling and sometimes a foul-smelling discharge.
There is now a clinic in Dunmow, open from 1pm-4pm, and in Saffron Walden Community Hospital on Fridays from 1pm to 4pm.
Other clinics in Uttlesford include the Rectory Lane Health Centre from 9am-5pm, Waltham Abbey Health Centre from 9am-5am, and St Margaret’s Hospital on Thursdays from 9am-5pm.
It is not a walk-in clinic and patients have to be referred by their GP.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 5 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 6 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 7 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
For more information, contact the CCG on 01992 566 122 or 01992 566 1223.