Leaden Roding firefighters help tackle major Chelmsford blaze
- Credit: Google Earth
Firefighters from Leaden Roding helped to tackle a major industrial blaze in Chelmsford on Friday (November 12).
A vehicle from Leaden Roding was one of 11 to tackle the fire which broke out at around 3am.
Seven units from as far away as Colchester and Tollesbury went to Eckersley Road in Chelmsford city centre.
Crews found an industrial building 70% alight and 100% smoke-logged.
They brought the blaze under control by 7am, when four more crews arrived to relieve the early morning firefighters.
Russ Freeman, incident commander, said: "We quickly divided the unit into sections to tackle the fire.
"Our crews worked hard to bring the fire under control and stop it spreading to adjoining buildings."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "An investigation into the cause of the fire found that both accidental and deliberate causes were both possibilities."