Latest weather forecast for East of England
LIGHT sleet and snow is a possibility later today and it will remain cloudy and cold across the region, the Met Office has said. Temperatures will remain below freezing during the night which could lead to icy conditions on untreated surfaces in the morni
LIGHT sleet and snow is a possibility later today and it will remain cloudy and cold across the region, the Met Office has said.
Temperatures will remain below freezing during the night which could lead to icy conditions on untreated surfaces in the morning.
Today (Wednesday January 13)
Another cloudy day is expected with occasional sleet or snow developing across much of the region by the afternoon, but with most of it light. Temperatures will be above freezing, but it will still feel very cold in the wind. The maximum temperature will be 3 �C.
You may also want to watch:
It will stay mostly cloudy through the evening and overnight with outbreaks of light sleet and snow dying out. Icy conditions are expected on untreated surfaces. Some mist or fog patches will form. The minimum temperature will be -2 �C.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
Thursday (January 14)
It should be mainly dry but it will continue to be mostly cloudy and cold with mist and fog likely over the hills. Some showery rain is likely towards the southeast. Will feel slightly less cold with maximum temperatures reaching 4 �C.
Outlook for Friday (January 15) to Sunday (January 17)
Freshening winds on Friday with perhaps a little rain later. Windy on Saturday with rain at times. Mainly dry and bright on Sunday. Becoming less cold by day.