Late night event for shopaholics
SANTA Claus is coming to Dunmow for a night of festive fun as the town prepares for its annual late-night Christmas shopping event on Friday December 8. The event will take place in the High Street and Market Square from 6pm until 8.30pm with stalls for
SANTA Claus is coming to Dunmow for a night of festive fun as the town prepares for its annual late-night Christmas shopping event on
Friday December 8.
The event will take place in the High Street and Market Square from 6pm until 8.30pm with stalls for charities and businesses along the street and many of the shops remaining open.
There will be fairground rides, fancy dress and dance displays all planned as part of the festivities.
Mike Perry, chairman of Dunmow Chamber of Trade and Commerce, said: "People come from all over the country. A couple of thousand people
"We have a good response from most people, they look forward to it every year."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 7 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
This year the theme is 'pantomime' with shop owners and workers urged to dress up as panto characters to compete for the winners shield judged by the Dunmow Broadcast.
Many stalls have already been snapped up, but there are still some available. They cost £10 for charities and small associations and £25 for private and commercial businesses.
Stalls must be booked by Friday November 10 by calling the Dunmow Broadcast on 01799 525100.