Last night for West End Musical Fame as it finally beats the weather
TONIGHT sees the last performance of a three-night run of a hit musical at Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow. 140 pupils, parents and staff have been steadily working on preparing and rehearsing music, songs and lines from the west end version of F
TONIGHT sees the last performance of a three-night run of a hit musical at Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow.
140 pupils, parents and staff have been steadily working on preparing and rehearsing music, songs and lines from the west end version of Fameahead the last show starting at 7pm this evening (Wednesday Jan 13).
Tickets are said to be sold out, but if one or two people arrive on the door there is a small chance that they may get in.
Show director and head of drama and media, Stephanie Cook, said: "It has been an excellent retrospective look at the 80s.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone has retrieved their leg warmers and headbands from the depths of the wardrobe.
"Perhaps the most dramatic part of the rehearsal process was last week and the 'big freeze' when the show was cancelled and moved to this week.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
"For the first time ever, many of the cast and crew were extremely sad to have school closures due to snow days, but they certainly maintained their enthusiasm and commitment. Plus it has simply extended this joyful experience."
DID you go to the show? Tell us what you think via Facebook by joining the group I read the Dunmow Broadcast. Or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.