Landscape artist at gallery
THE Flitch Gallery in Dunmow is currently hosting an exhibition of work by artist Colin Freeman. Mr Freeman, from Kings Acre in Coggeshall, comes from a graphic design background and has only been painting seriously for five years, although he has been pa
THE Flitch Gallery in Dunmow is currently hosting an exhibition of work by artist Colin Freeman.
Mr Freeman, from Kings Acre in Coggeshall, comes from a graphic design background and has only been painting seriously for five years, although he has been painting for many more than that.
"I enjoy drawing and painting outdoors and much of my work is of landscapes," said Mr Freeman. "Having said that, I have been doing life studies and they have proved to be very popular and I've sold the three I was showing here already."
Originally, Mr Freeman's art was mainly in graphite and watercolours, but over the last few years he now works more with acrylics.
You may also want to watch:
"My style is extremely varied and many people who have walked in to this exhibition have asked if the work is by more than one artist," said Mr Freeman.
"But that's just me. I like to experiment. I don't abandon styles but I like to move and try out different techniques. This way, my paintings evolve."
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 9 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
The exhibition, being held at the Flitch Art Gallery, High Street, Dunmow, runs until October 20. Entry is free.