Landscape artist at gallery
THE Flitch Gallery in Dunmow is currently hosting an exhibition of work by artist Colin Freeman. Mr Freeman, from Kings Acre in Coggeshall, comes from a graphic design background and has only been painting seriously for five years, although he has been pa
THE Flitch Gallery in Dunmow is currently hosting an exhibition of work by artist Colin Freeman.
Mr Freeman, from Kings Acre in Coggeshall, comes from a graphic design background and has only been painting seriously for five years, although he has been painting for many more than that.
"I enjoy drawing and painting outdoors and much of my work is of landscapes," said Mr Freeman. "Having said that, I have been doing life studies and they have proved to be very popular and I've sold the three I was showing here already."
Originally, Mr Freeman's art was mainly in graphite and watercolours, but over the last few years he now works more with acrylics.
"My style is extremely varied and many people who have walked in to this exhibition have asked if the work is by more than one artist," said Mr Freeman.
"But that's just me. I like to experiment. I don't abandon styles but I like to move and try out different techniques. This way, my paintings evolve."
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
The exhibition, being held at the Flitch Art Gallery, High Street, Dunmow, runs until October 20. Entry is free.