Landscape artist at gallery
THE Flitch Gallery in Dunmow is currently hosting an exhibition of work by artist Colin Freeman. Mr Freeman, from Kings Acre in Coggeshall, comes from a graphic design background and has only been painting seriously for five years, although he has been pa
THE Flitch Gallery in Dunmow is currently hosting an exhibition of work by artist Colin Freeman.
Mr Freeman, from Kings Acre in Coggeshall, comes from a graphic design background and has only been painting seriously for five years, although he has been painting for many more than that.
"I enjoy drawing and painting outdoors and much of my work is of landscapes," said Mr Freeman. "Having said that, I have been doing life studies and they have proved to be very popular and I've sold the three I was showing here already."
Originally, Mr Freeman's art was mainly in graphite and watercolours, but over the last few years he now works more with acrylics.
You may also want to watch:
"My style is extremely varied and many people who have walked in to this exhibition have asked if the work is by more than one artist," said Mr Freeman.
"But that's just me. I like to experiment. I don't abandon styles but I like to move and try out different techniques. This way, my paintings evolve."
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
The exhibition, being held at the Flitch Art Gallery, High Street, Dunmow, runs until October 20. Entry is free.