Car driven along Cheshunt train tracks stolen from Braintree
- Credit: @ContainerDave/Twitter
The Land Rover Discovery which sped along railway tracks in Hertfordshire was stolen from an address in Braintree.
The driver of the stolen 4x4 veered onto railway tracks during a police chase yesterday (July 16).
It was caught on camera speeding through Cheshunt train station, causing major disruption to Greater Anglia and Stansted Express trains between London and Bishop's Stortford.
Hertfordshire Constabulary said that the car was stolen on Sunday, July 11 from the Essex town but could not confirm any additional details.
A police spokesperson said: "Our control room was made aware that a stolen vehicle had travelled into Hertfordshire ground, from Essex.
"The vehicle was located in Cheshunt and officers from Essex Police attempted to speak to the driver.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle then made off, injuring two officers and damaging several vehicles in the process."
Police found the car abandoned on railway tracks nearby.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
Nobody was badly hurt in the incident.