Knife attack outside village community centre
POLICE are searching for a knife wielding robber who stole �30 and a bank card from a woman in Little Canfield.
The victim suffered a 2cm cut to her cheek after being threatened with what is believed to have been a sharp item, possibly a blade or a knife, near to the Priors Green Community Centre in Honey Road just before 3pm on Wednesday (October 20).
With the sharp object pressed to her face, she was forced to hand over three �10 notes and an expired bank card before the man fled the scene.
He is described as white, in his late 20s with dark eyebrows, stubble and stained teeth.
He was about 5ft 9in (1.8m) tall and was wearing a light grey hoody with small black writing on the left breast, full length gloves, black tracksuit bottoms with three white stripes on each leg and muddy white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information is urged to contact Braintree CID on 0300 333 4444. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555111.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community