Kitchen fire in Great Dunmow

PUBLISHED: 10:24 18 March 2011

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire in a kitchen of a house in Newton Grove, Dunmow at 2am on Friday (March 19).

When crews arrived the kitchen was 20 percent alight. Crews wore two sets of breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish the fire by 02:50hrs. High pressure fans were used to ventilate the property.

A woman aged approximately 39 years old suffering from breathing difficulties was placed in the care of the Ambulance Service.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dunmow Broadcast. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dunmow Broadcast