Fire service investigation underway into kitchen blaze at house in Flitch Green
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Essex are continuing to investigate the cause of a house fire that started in Flitch Green last night.
Essex Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 8.47pm to reports of a house on fire in Ranulf Road.
A crew from Chelmsford and a crew from Thaxted attended to find a blaze in the kitchen, with the entire house smoke-logged.
Firefighters worked quickly to put out the flames by 9.30pm.
A fire service spokesman said: “The kitchen suffered smoke, heat and fire damage and the house has suffered smoke damage.”
You may also want to watch:
It has not been established what caused the blaze as yet and investigations are continuing.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said a community first responder and ambulance crew attended at around 10.30pm to treat a woman, believed to in her 40s, for chest pains.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
She was conscious and breathing, but taken to Chelmsford’s Broomfield Hospital for further care.