Karate club notches up seven trophies
DUNMOW Round Table sponsored the town s Kyokushinkai Karate Club so it could take part in the British Championships held in Reading on November 3. The club, run by Sensei Andrew Turner approached The Round Table after reading about their Cash for Causes C
DUNMOW Round Table sponsored the town's Kyokushinkai Karate Club so it could take part in the British Championships held in Reading on November 3.
The club, run by Sensei Andrew Turner approached The Round Table after reading about their Cash for Causes Campaign in the Dunmow Broadcast.
Mr Turner said: "We are a non profit-making club and to enter the British Championship is a considerable drain on our funds. We try to enter two or three tournaments like this each year and without financial assistance this would not be possible.
"The Round Table have supported us in the past and once again they have shown their commitment to Great Dunmow and to all the members of our club".
You may also want to watch:
Peter Noble, Dunmow Round Table treasurer and event organiser, said that Mr Turner had approached the club in October and knew straight away this was a cause they wanted to support.
"Not only is it a great local club for all ages it has also done marvellous fund-raising in the past," he said.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
The karate club entered 27 candidates into the championship and seven returned with silver and bronze trophies. They were; Dan Cole, Brynne Edwards, Sean Dillion, Emily Senior, Dianne Drysdale, Scott Clark and Jordan Search.