Karate club notches up seven trophies
DUNMOW Round Table sponsored the town s Kyokushinkai Karate Club so it could take part in the British Championships held in Reading on November 3. The club, run by Sensei Andrew Turner approached The Round Table after reading about their Cash for Causes C
DUNMOW Round Table sponsored the town's Kyokushinkai Karate Club so it could take part in the British Championships held in Reading on November 3.
The club, run by Sensei Andrew Turner approached The Round Table after reading about their Cash for Causes Campaign in the Dunmow Broadcast.
Mr Turner said: "We are a non profit-making club and to enter the British Championship is a considerable drain on our funds. We try to enter two or three tournaments like this each year and without financial assistance this would not be possible.
"The Round Table have supported us in the past and once again they have shown their commitment to Great Dunmow and to all the members of our club".
Peter Noble, Dunmow Round Table treasurer and event organiser, said that Mr Turner had approached the club in October and knew straight away this was a cause they wanted to support.
"Not only is it a great local club for all ages it has also done marvellous fund-raising in the past," he said.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 4 School activities and sports in pictures
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 8 Foodies Festival returns to Hylands Park for tasty Chelmsford weekend
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
The karate club entered 27 candidates into the championship and seven returned with silver and bronze trophies. They were; Dan Cole, Brynne Edwards, Sean Dillion, Emily Senior, Dianne Drysdale, Scott Clark and Jordan Search.